Studies show meaningful activity, engagement in one’s environment, continued opportunities to learn and use skills, socialisation, creative expression, and music are far more effective then pharmaceuticals for people living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
Please download our calendar of community events for November. These include meetings and seminars with Tim Forester Morgan and Sarah Mould, Co-Directors of The Dementia Training Company (DTC) who will be in Bermuda from 15-20 November offering a series of events designed to support, advise and guide professionals and individuals living with dementia, and their family care-givers, towards working together as partners in care.
- Thursday 1 November: Please note our community group will meet at the West Hall, Christchurch, Warwick not Peace Lutheran on Thursday 1 November only.
- Wednesday 5 and 21 November: The venue for our AAD Spa mornings has changed. Please make your appointments as usual with Jane (M: 534-5263) and/or Laura (M:707-1972) between 11am - 1pm. The venue will be confirmed to you at time of appointment.
- Monday 12 November: There will be no community program due to the Remembrance Day public holiday.
- Thursday 15 November: Family Q&A Session with AAD and The Dementia Training Company at Markel House, Hamilton from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.
- Tuesday 20 November: Caregiver/Care Home Personnel Training Session with The Dementia Training Company from 9:00am - 12 Noon. Please contact email@example.com to confirm your registration ($30 fee payable to AAD).
- Sunday 25 November: Family Support Meeting at the Charity Office, 16 Burnaby Street. Join Marie and members of the AAD Board from 4:30pm.
KINDERMUSIK AT WINDREACH
WindReach are offering Kindermusik once a month with upcoming sessions on Monday November 19 and Monday December 10. Please contact Cheree Wade to register on T: 238-2469 ext. 210 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Program Guidelines
In order to continue to provide an engaging, creative and safe environment we ask all family members and caregivers to adhere to the attached guidelines when attending our AAD community programs. Should you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about our activities and transportation assistance to and from activity programmes, please contact:
All participants must be accompanied by a support person.