Studies show meaningful activity, engagement in one’s environment, continued opportunities to learn and use skills, socialisation, creative expression, and music are far more effective then pharmaceuticals for people living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
Please download our calendar of community events for April and note that the times for our Monday and Thursday community meetings have changed, as noted below.
- Monday community programs will be held at the new time of 11am - 12:15pm. For Monday 1 and 8 April we meet at Christchurch's West Hall in Warwick before returning to Peace Lutheran Hall for the remainder of April.
- Thursday community programs will meet at the later time of 11:45am - 1pm. For Thursday 4 and 11 April we meet at Christchurch's West Hall in Warwick. We are then back to Peace Lutheran Hall for the remainder of April.
- Saturday 13 April Extreme Sports Games 2019 - a fun day out supporting Team Argo as they raise funds for AAD in the Extreme Sports 2019 tournament at PHC field, Warwick. Please wear purple and join us!
- Sunday 14 April - AAD Family & Caregiver Support Group meeting at Markel House, Front Street from 4:30pm with Liz Stewart and members of the AAD Board.
- Friday 19 April - Please note there will be no activities due to the Good Friday public holiday. We wish you all a very Happy Easter weekend!
KINDERMUSIK AT WINDREACH
WindReach are offering Kindermusik once a month. Please contact Cheree Wade to register on T: 238-2469 ext. 210 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Program Guidelines
In order to continue to provide an engaging, creative and safe environment we ask all family members and caregivers to adhere to the attached guidelines when attending our AAD community programs. Should you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about our activities and transportation assistance to and from activity programmes, please contact:
All participants must be accompanied by a support person.