Studies show meaningful activity, engagement in one’s environment, continued opportunities to learn and use skills, socialisation, creative expression, and music are far more effective then pharmaceuticals for people living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
During September - World Alzheimer's Month - AAD will host its usual community program of art, movement and music therapies - download calendar above. In addition social events and fundraising activities will be held to support our dementia community and raise funds to continue AAD's work in Bermuda.
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED! Can you help us on Saturday 22 September as we hold our AAD Tag Day at RUBiS gas stations around the island? If you are available for an hour or two (or longer) please email Sarah at email@example.com.
Please note the following September activities in particular, and feel free to circulate to family, friends and caregivers.
- Wednesday 5 and 19 September. Spa mornings are scheduled from 11am - 1pm at WindReach. Please contact Jane (M: 534-5263) and/or Laura (M:707-1972) for appointments.
- Friday 21 September - World Alzheimer's Day - AAD Fundraiser at BAMZ (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Saturday 22 September - RUBiS Tag Day: VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED! Can you help us during our RUBiS Tag Day? Please email email@example.com if you can spare some time to help us raise funds to support our community and residential programs on the island.
- Sunday 23 September - Family Support Meeting at the Charity Office, 16 Burnaby Street. Join Marie and members of the AAD Board from 4:30pm.
- Tuesday 25 September - Family and Carers Cocktail Party hosted by Z Zurich Foundation at Zurich's offices in Hamilton. Further details will be circulated. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 26 September - Outing to the Bermuda Aquarium Museum and Zoo, hosted by Z Zurich Foundation. Further details will be circulated. Please RSVP, noting the number in your group to email@example.com.
WINDREACH ANIMAL INTERACTION: In August these will be held on Thursday 9, 16, 23 and 30. The 'Animal Interaction' morning (10:30am - 12 Noon) enables you to spend time grooming the ponies, feeding them treats and then enjoy a cool drink. Cost is $10 per session, and please confirm attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Program Guidelines
In order to continue to provide an engaging, creative and safe environment we ask all family members and caregivers to adhere to the attached guidelines when attending our AAD community programs. Should you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about our activities and transportation assistance to and from activity programmes, please contact:
All participants must be accompanied by a support person.