Studies show meaningful activity, engagement in one’s environment, continued opportunities to learn and use skills, socialisation, creative expression, and music are far more effective then pharmaceuticals for people living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
- No community activities on Monday 4 September due to bank holiday.
- Spa Days will be held on Wednesday 13 & 27 September at WindReach. Please contact Jane (M: 534-5263) and/or Laura (M: 707-1972) for appointments.
- AAD Support Group Meeting is scheduled for Sunday 17 September at 4:30pm in the Charity Office, 16 Burnaby Street, Hamilton.
- 2017 Alzheimer's Awareness Week is Monday 18 to Sunday 24 September.
- As in previous years, our AAD presentations and film screenings will be held at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (BUEI) from 6:30pm on Monday, Thursday and Friday and from 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pre-registration is not required for any of these events.
- CPD certificates will be available on the day to those who attend a full session.
- Please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
- WindReach are implementing a $10 fee per session for programming from September. Further details on their many programmes will be circulated under separate email.
We look forward to seeing you at the community activities in September.
For more information about our activities and transportation assistance to and from activity programmes, please contact:
All participants must be accompanied by a support person.